Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Do Nothing, Eh?

It has come to my attention that I do nothing. When I was a working Mom, I heard a lot of negative comments from people about that I was "still working" and the kids were "still going to daycare." Now that I am a stay at home mom, now I hear comments reflecting that I do nothing. It is funny, for not doing anything, I sure do a lot. And, I do not have very many people volunteering to watch the kids for an extended period of time (and none of the people that make the "Do nothing" comments have volunteered.)

So, I do nothing, eh? I first and foremost am a mommy and take care of our 3 little kids (which includes play, teach, clean up after them, take them to fun places, crawl around on the floor acting like an animal...ya know, all that hard stuff. In addition, I mow, sometimes shovel, stain fences, paint, cook, bake, clean (even though it may look dirty…I am constantly cleaning. We have 3 messy kiddos!! So the cleaning is never done), do laundry, run errands, go to the grocery store at 10pm when most people asleep, keep up on family photos and diaries, buy all gifts that need to be purchased, am the family account manager (money Nazi), update our home with furnishings, do some of the household repairs (like caulking around sinks, clean drains, or I call someone to fix major things like windows), blah blah blah. You get the picture. I don't just sit around here DOING NOTHING. That so annoys me. And, even though I do not work, I still celebrate Holidays (I just do not get them off from my "DO Nothingness"). Every day is not a Holiday to me. And, while the normal population gets paid with money, I get paid with kisses and hugs and a happy husband, most of the time.

So, you see, there is a lot to this DOING NOTHING business.  

Send to a friend

No comments: