Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year 2009!

Happy New Year!
It is the time of year that we, in the Austin household, create goals that will make us better in the upcoming year (or at least that is the "goal." I tried to explain to Alivia and Addison the concept of making goals. We helped Addison make a goal of only sleeping with her Taggie Blankets and going #2 in the potty! Alivia said her goal was to play. Yeah, me too! Chris encouraged her to make a goal to pray every night with us (although she knows Hail Mary really well) and try and wear less than 4 outfits a day!

First, let's review how we did on last year's goals. We organized, saved, became more active, bought the bear minimum and purchased a mini van! However, on the updated goals in July, I have some work to do. I am STILL not finished with Addison's 1 year scrapbook, but I am 3/4 finished with Asher's!

Goals for 2009:
1. Continue to buy only bear minimum: I think this should be an ongoing goal regardless of how much or how little money one has.
2. Save more, more, and invest. The money does little good just sitting there...so we need to invest our savings a little more.
3. Move by the 4th of July? This is a goal that is a little out of our control. There a number of factors playing into the decision, the market being a major one. We also want to move living on one income, so that plays a big role as well. The 4th of July? Well, last year, after sitting in our yard narrowly being missed by fireworks, Chris and I hoped to be in a New Home by 4th of July of 2009. We will see.
4. Limit computer time. I will always blog, do online banking, and work with our pictures online. However, some of the other things (facebook) are just a waste of time!
5. If we do not move: Get a deck. :)
6. Take a family trip and book a 10 year anniversary trip for Chris and I for next winter (our 10 year anniversary is this upcoming August).
7. Visit the Grandparents at least once a month.

8. I want to run a 1/2 marathon. Okay, I have said it. Now, if we move, that may throw a problem into the mix. This goal has been on my list for years. Now, I think I will try and achieve it. I ran nearly 1/2 of a 1/2 marathon this year...now can I pull off a real one this year? Um, the jury is still out. Having to run at either 4 AM or 9 PM makes it rather difficult to throw a 12 mile run in, too. As my Dad always says, you have to have goals.  

 Let the new year begin...ready or not!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: