Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Being Free

Being Free sounds good doesn't it. This time I not ready to be all excited about it. Asher is officially weaned. I weaned him from his morning feeding on Sunday when he slept in (until 7) and just fed him breakfast. He has been fussy in the mornings, I think because of being weaned and because he was going back to bed after nursing. We may have to reintroduce a morning nap. He gives me these puppy dog eyes like he is wondering why I am doing this to him? It is so sad. It makes me sad that for me, this officially ends BABY Asher and moves him up to a big boy. I miss the time we had in the mornings, too.

This is the first time in over 3 years that I have not been physically attached to one of our kids (actually almost 5 if you consider I only had a few months off between nursing Alivia and becoming pregnant with Addison). You think I would be liberated or something. Instead, I am sad. The kids are growing up so fast...too fast. Makes me stop and appreciate the moments more, give more kisses, and give longer hugs.

So, here's to being Free, whether I am ready or not!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: