Friday, September 10, 2010

Krista's Lawn Mowing... ...has closed until a rider lawn mower can be purchased. Seriously, this house, the yard, and the future sidewalks that will need to be cleared are exhausting me. I am not joking. I know, everyone thinks I am this lazy person who does not want to work because I am a stay at home mom. Well, I challenge anyone who thinks that to maintain my "Job" for 1 week, and I have big bets that nobody would do it. Okay, I admit, I am whining. Who wouldn't? It is no secret, Chris loved this house. It is also no secret, that I did not love it. I compromised...a lot. The things I despise about our home now I actually did not consider before moving here. For example - A bigger yard. Everyone wants a bigger yard...except those who have a big yard. Seriously? Want to mow the bigger yard? Um, no. I mowed today for over an hour and 20 minutes. I mow at top speeds pushing it with a self propelled push mower. Seriously, who would go speed walking for an hour and 20 minutes? And, while speed walking, find things to do for your active 2 and 4 year old kids? I am thinking only crazy people. So...that must be me. And, as I mow, I look down our endless sidewalks thinking, "There is NO WAY that I will be able to clear those walks...let alone the driveway...with our normal sized snow blower." You know me, minimalist all the way. This house...not a minimalist house. The yard and walks fail miserably as well. I want to be able to enjoy my life, not be tortured to near death all summer and winter long maintaining the outside. Interior Design I kind of secretly enjoy. The outside, I outwardly despise. So, I am now on the hunt for a riding lawn mower. Call me a weeny...but I know nobody else could push mow our yard and live to talk about it.

No comments: