Saturday, September 25, 2010

The MIDLANDS PIRATE FESTIVAL

Pirates Addison and Alivia


I won tickets to the The "third annual" MIDLANDS PIRATE FESTIVAL at the Bellevue Berry & Pumpkin Ranch from Momaha.com. Since we live so close, I thought it would be fun to check it out. So, this afternoon after there was FINALLY a break in the rain, the kids and I packed up to go to Pirate Festival.

Weird.

That pretty much sums it up. I had never been to the Bellevue Berry and Pumpkin Ranch before, and I do not think I will be returning. I was disappointed. Mind you, anyone that goes expecting anything like Vala's will be disappointed. I was not expecting much, and I was still disappointed. The Pirate Festival was just plain weird. We missed the only show for kids in the children's area. We sat down just as the show was over. Nice. We walked around to see a bunch of vendors selling pirate stuff. We sat in on the end of a magic show and the man performing was asking for money donations in his pirate hat. Seriously, the price of admission should cover that! It is $10 for adults and $6 for kids! Gees!

Alivia just wanted to play on the play set we saw on the way in. After bugging me forever, we walked over to the playground area. It was weird, too. The equipment did not appear safe. No really, I am not being a paranoid parent here. I saw lawsuit written all over this stuff. It all appeared to be falling apart. The kids had fun in the house with slides coming out of it. There were many holes in that house where kids could fall. I just saw the whole thing as poorly thought out.

The kids wanted an ice cream cone before we left. But, after seeing everything, I thought it was best to go to McDonald's for that.

All in all, it was an outing. It was an experience. And, I learned something. Stick with what I know. At least it was free.

The Magic Show

Pirate Music Anyone?

The Playground Area

No comments: