Friday, July 03, 2009

Progress Towards 2009 Goals

Remember making 2009 goals? It is July, so time to review our progress.

Goals for 2009:
1. Continue to buy only bear minimum: Could do better on this, but we are doing pretty good.
2. Save more, more, and invest: Check. All the kids have Berkshire stock, and Chris and I have 3 shares of BRK plus many other stock. I try to check weekly. With that said, it can be depressing as so far the stocks have not done well. We are learning, though.
3. Move by the 4th of July? Although this is out of our control, I am so sad that we have not moved and may not be able to move. Once you are ready to move, you just want to move already! It would be one thing if our home was still for sale and the others listed with real estate agents in our neighborhood had sold. But, that is not the case. They are still sitting there, too. Whatever the news says, this is a rough real estate market. And, it may just not be our time to move, unfortunately. God really wants us to learn to love the neighbor. Love is tough.
4. Limit computer time. We can do better on this. Much of computer things are a total waste of time.
5. If we do not move: Get a deck: Obviously, we have not know what we are doing yet, so this goal will have to wait (and may continue to wait).
6. Take a family trip and book a 10 year anniversary trip for Chris and I for next winter (our 10 year anniversary is this upcoming August): We have a family trip planned and have already taken one (to the great wolf if that counts). I am looking into a trip in August (on a smaller scale) and then one in the winter for Chris and I to take alone together. I can not book the August one until we know if we are moving. If we are moving, we probably will not take the trip (just too much going on!).
7. Visit the Grandparents at least once a month: With selling the house, I have slipped on this goal!

8. I want to run a 1/2 marathon: CHECK! Now that I am done with that, I have little motivation. I am not running any more in my future. I am pondering running a full in the distant future, however, I think running 1/2 and marathons are kinda like having babies. You really forget about the process after it is over and you have the reward. However, I can not easily forget getting up at 4am to run 12 miles in the freezing cold.
9. My add on: Finish the 2008 Family photo album!

You have to have goals...so we will continue to work towards them!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: