Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Omaha's Lauritzen Gardens

This morning we visited the Omaha Lauritzen Botanical Gardens. It was hot! It is so beautiful and peaceful there if you are not there with a tired 5 year old. They, of course, have beautiful gardens. Additionally, they have fabulous waterfalls and a train exhibit that is a kid's dream!

We arrived at 9am and began walking, walking and more walking. Alivia, was unfortunately, worn out almost immediately, and we had a long way to walk yet. I kept getting her to perk up when I would say there were waterfalls up next or the train or whatever. The kids sat and watched the trains for a long time. Asher LOVED the train exhibit. There is a lot of talent in that exhibit! We finished our visit, seeing the fish inside, then walking up the many stairs to see the trains you can see from the interstate...Finally! It was a fun morning, but I am ready to kick my feet up and sit for a minute now!

We will definitely visit again. I think I will just pick a cooler day and bring someone along to help me push the stroller up the hill!

Information if you want to visit the Omaha Botanical Gardens:
$7 for Adults, kids under 6 are free.
Eat a big bagel before going (you will need your carbs for the walking ahead!), bring lots of water, wear walking shoes (and for the kids too), and bring lots of snacks. My kids ate the entire time we were there. I don't know, something about the heat I guess.
Bring a friend if you have a stroller. I needed help pushing it up those huge hills!
Take your camera and enjoy!

Riding the bunny!In the Rose Garden (which smells wonderful!)Rest time!Loving the Choo Choo's!Choo Choo BridgeIn front of St Cecilia'sOnly at the Gardens...Alivia at the BirdbathOoh La la...waterfalls (& Bellies :) ).Quite steep hill!FISH!Real CHOO CHOOS!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

Looks like tons of fun, we really need to go there!