Thursday, June 11, 2009

We found homes we like!

Chris and I have 2 homes we like in a place that was out of the box for us really. Both homes are new spec homes in a fabulous setting (let's just say it was NOT in the flood plain). I like one home and Chris likes the other one (where I may like it if it was decorated differently!). The first home was just down the street from the one Chris liked.

1. My choice: Backs to trees. 4br, 3ba, awesome neutral, contemporary decor, large SIDE yard, limited back yard, great price (been on the market 329 days!). Solid surfaces in baths, granite in kitchen, modern decor. Sounds like the builder is VERY motivated to get this home off of his hands. Although the basement is not finished, we are thinking the builder could finish it while still staying within our price range.

2. Chris' choice: 4-5 bedroom (Basement bedroom does not have an daylight window so is not a legal bedroom), 4 bath, finished basement, large yard backing to a fabulous, grand view! Upscale finished features (granite in baths and kitchen but I did not like it), more traditional decor (not my taste), higher price tag. The home does sit on a corner of a culta-sac which would be nice. I love the location. The house is a quite similar floorplan to house #1, but it has more square foot. I do not think it is worth the price tag. This house we would probably never want to move out of unless we move completely out of the area (because nothing could match this view!).

When I looked at the first home initially with the kids (I sometimes prescreen homes), we saw a wild turkey! (We went and saw these homes after a weekend of a busy open house and interested people coming back for the 3rd time stating they would be making their offer that week). The second time, there were deer prints in the yard! There are other homes that we would need to see before we would make an offer anyway, once our home sells, that is (if ever!). Seriously, I HATE this process. If we end up staying and this stress if for nothing, I will be mad!  Oh, and interest rates have gone back up...did I mention that?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: