Sunday, June 07, 2009

Austin Date Night

Chris and I are far from wild people. We have never been a bar hopping couple. However, we do like to get away for some alone time together.

So, Saturday night, after taking the kids to Mass and experiencing their worst Mass behavior ever, we had the babysitter come over for a few hours. Initially, being the thrifty person that I am, I thought $30 for 3 hours of fun was too expensive. Oh, I am a changed woman. What a bargain (and I would get paid that for an entire day if I babysat A child!)! It is so nice to break away from our sometimes loud home for a quiet, peaceful dinner with conversation we can hear, food we can eat while still hot, and a nice little fruity drink (okay, Chris had a beer, but still). Oh, gotta love it. Chris and I then, being the nerds we are, headed to the bookstore just to browse. We had a gift we needed to buy (as a Godparent, Chris buys his Godchildren gifts, God based of course, on the anniversary of their baptism. Oh, what a great Godfather he is, but that is a whole other story). It is nice to go to stores, too, and just slowly looking. We looked until the store closed, actually.

We had a good night. We decided next time we would have the babysitter come before Asher went to bed and go to a movie (Yes, our babysitter drives to us now...how awesome is that!). The next plan, to get our babysitter to watch the kids so I can get my haircut!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

YAY to finding a driving babysitter that you trust!!! And YIPPEE to date night!! My pediatrician always asks me when the last time we went on a date was so when we have an appointment coming up (like we do tomorrow) I always make sure we go out so I don't have to lie to him or tell him we have not been out. If we have not been out, I get a lecture from him!