Monday, April 13, 2009

Nice People

I am on the hunt. The hunt for nice people. Yesterday in Mass as everyone glared at us because Asher cried a bit during Mass (and I was trapped in the middle of the aisle during a period of kneeling time - but I eventually escaped), then glared some more after Mass as he cried again and they were leaving, then again in the parking lot as nobody would let us out, I began to think, "Are there any nice people left if people can not even be nice, respectful people on Easter Sunday in Church?!" Well, today, I continued to run into not so nice people. I left Alivia's preschool and a white Cadillac SUV pulled out behind us. We reached 156th and Pacific and stopped at the stoplight. I briefly reached back to get my phone back from Asher so that I could call in a take n bake pizza that I wanted to pick up for a friend of mine when HONK>>>>HONK<<<HONK<<<!!!! Seriously, 2 seconds had passed. I looked up in my rear view mirror and the woman in SUV was laying on her horn, giving me the finger. Seriously, for 2 seconds?! I turned through the light and then pulled over so that this crazy woman, who was now riding my bumper, would go around me (after all, I did have Asher, Addison and Kaidence (my friend's little girl who just had a baby) in the car with me). Well, crazy woman pulled over, too (okay, what kind of woman thinks a person in a mini van who pulls over is pulling over to fight? In hind site, I should have turned or slowed down or something), then got out of her car and asked me to learn how to BLEAPIN DRIVE! WHAT WERE YOU DOING TURNING AROUND AT A LIGHT? Seriously, I thought I had somehow made a wrong turn and must be in hell or something? People like this seriously exist on Earth? What is wrong here? It was 2 seconds of her life? Show some patience, some respect?! I told the lady that I had kids in the car and I was sorry she had to wait 2 more seconds...but look how many more seconds she was wasting now yelling at me for the 2 seconds? Is she serious? She then got back in her car and continued to follow me. However, I went like 20 mph until 156th and Dodge, then she stopped at a yellow light and let me go. Whew! I thought she was going to kill me over 2 seconds there for a moment.

So, I am on the hunt to find 1 nice person. Okay, if I have me you, you don't count. I am looking to meet one new nice person. You know, someone that will call you out of the blue to see how your day is going. Someone who never forgets a birthday and calls or sends a card. Someone who does nice things for people and the world. I am looking for someone who says they are a Christian and acts the role in and outside of Church. This nice person would put God first above all things. And, this person would do random acts of kindness for no reason, not because they want something. I want someone to prove me wrong...that nice people still exist in this world!!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: