Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Keep in the Cage

April Zoo DayIn the Insect area of the Butterfly ExhibitIn the Aquarium

The kids and I took our monthly trip to the zoo today. The weather was to be sunny and 68. Yes, I have stopped listening to the weather now. It rained. Anyway...

We visited our normal obsessed stops at the zoo (the desert dome, the jungle, the aquarium, and the butterflies just to start). The new skyfari was not running yet, thankfully. I do not believe our kids are ready for that anyway.

Okay, one thing I have to point out is in the butterfly exhibit. First of all, where are the butterflies? On our first visit, after an hour wait, there were millions of them, or so it seemed. Today we really had to look to see one! After you see the "butterflies," you are directed into the insect part. Um, yuck. What happened to keeping poisonous spiders behind glass? I said this last time, but I will say it again, I will not be going in there again unless I take my Raid along!

Gotta love the zoo!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: