Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Countdown begins

I am down to just over 2 days until I will attempt to run my first 1/2 marathon! All my training comes down to Sunday morning, 7 AM! It has been a long hall. I have had difficulty getting support as most think I am crazy. Towards the end of my training, I ran during the morning missing breakfast or during the late afternoon over dinner so that I could beat weather, beat darkness or whatever. Chris is/was getting tired of that part of the training.

In preparation, the kiddos will be staying with their grandparents. This is the first time they have all ever stayed over night away from home without us. Alivia is actually the only one to have stayed on the farm (or stayed anywhere) without us. Chris could just not do it with all those people at the run, and the kids would probably not last that long.

With that said, Chris is now sick. Addison started it, now it is Chris' turn. He went to bed at 7:45 tonight if that says anything. So, I may be going to the run alone, without my cheerleader.

I am looking forward to finishing come Sunday and being done with my longer runs for a while. My goal: To finish in under 2 hours. I did have a better goal, but I believe I may have a minor stress fracture. So, I am just hoping to finish WITHOUT totally "breaking a leg!"

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

GOOD LUCK Krista! I am totally amazed by your motivation and drive! You inspire me!! I KNOW you'll do GREAT! I'll be thinking about you all day!!