Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Vacuum Review


<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=theauslif-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B0015ASJIY&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Okay, I believe the verdict is in (See update below!!). I like the new vacuum Chris and the kids got me for my birthday. He got me the Eureka 4870MZ Boss Smart-Vac Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaner from Amazon.com. I have only had a canister vacuum, so getting an upright was a big change. The "thing" is so heavy. I would say that is its only downfall. It really sucks, which is a good thing in this case! It will pick up ANYTHING in its way, from toys to paper towels. Okay, some items I wish it would spare. I can tell it has a lot more suction than my previous model, which may not be saying a heck of a lot. Anyway, I use in on all surfaces in our home including our wood floor and have no problems. I am getting used to the long cord and having to wrap it up after using it (canisters have retractable cords which are nice). Asher, however, hates the vacuum because it is so loud. So, I find myself holding a toddler while vacuuming, which is not always good on a bad back. It works well on stairs, but I have yet to use the stair attachment, primarily because I have yet to feel like reading the book to find out how to use the attachment!
I guess in summary, I really like it and would completely recommend it. The good outweigh the bad in this case...and it is way more better on the wallet than some of those so called state of the art vacuums that consumer reports rates as junk.


UPDATE 1.13.11:
Since August of 2010, this vacuum has more or less died. It works for 2-3 minutes at a time, then turns off. I give it a breather and then it works for another 2-3 minutes. I need a new vacuum....really bad. It is SO HEAVY that my back goes numb when hauling this up and down the stairs. And, in our new house, it does not work on the wood floors...leaves scratches. So, I swifer the wood floors.
Today...would not recommend this vacuum. Back to the drawing board...

No comments: