Monday, March 02, 2009

Movie Review

For Christmas, my aunt Marsha gave us Netflix. This has been the best family gift ever! We just started it, & will get 3 movies at a time for the next 3 months. We try to get 1 kid friendly flick along with 2 adult movies. I now try to run on the treadmill in the early morning (on good mornings) or during naptime so that Chris and I can watch a movie at night a few times a week. What we have learned is that we tend to select serious and intense movies, and you can not always go by the Netflix star reviews. I will use 5 stars for the best, one or none for the worst. So, here are my reviews...

1. Juno: 4 1/2 stars. Loved it! Laughed out loud! Great movie. Chris even liked it, even though he thought it was a dumb pick initially.
2. Thank you for Smoking: 3 1/2 stars. This was another one that Chris did not want to watch, but ended up liking my pick. Good Satire.
3. Changeling: 4 1/2 stars. Okay. Great acting by Angelina Jolie. I do not like her as a person, Chris loves her (as to why I made this selection). However, I would not recommend this movie. It is based on a true story of a child abduction. I could not sleep last night after watching this movie. I will forever be bothered by this movie. It was too far of a reminder of how scary and evil this world can be.
4. Get Smart: 1 star...and I am not even sure it deserves that! STUPID! The dumbest movie I have ever sat through...seriously!
5. Pinapple express: 0 stars. Seriously, this is worse than Get Smart...but we had to find balance with all the intense movies.
6. Body of Lies: 4 1/2 stars. This is a great action movie with Leonardo DiCaprio. It is a bit disturbing again, and it is far from a relaxing movie. This can give one nightmares as well.

Movies from the theater:
1. Slumdog Millionare: 5 stars! This is one of the best movies we have seen.
2. Gran Torino: 5 stars...laughed out loud. Clint Eastwood did a great job in this one!
3. Marly and Me: 3 1/2 stars. Made Chris and I decided for sure that we do NOT want a DOG...but Chris will not allow me to say NEVER. This movie was a little slow at times for what we are used to. This is a movie that people with dogs will appreciate.

That is a good start. Chris can remind me which ones I have missed. Movies help me to hate winter just a bit less. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: