Saturday, March 28, 2009

Morning Torture

I decided this morning if I had not already signed up for this 1/2 marathon, I may not continue the training. Seriously, getting up at 4:40 AM (my alarm was to go off at 5 - but I woke up at 4:30 on my own!) to go out into the frrrreeeezing cold, windy weather takes the joy right out of running. It is serious torture! I just want to get up and run my 14 miles, get cleaned up, all before the kiddos wake up. I am generally successful, too! However, this is no longer any fun. I run by dark houses knowing they are all snug in bed while I am running outside instead (me and the paper delivery person). You have to be seriously crazy to run 1/2 marathons with kids (meaning if I did not have kids I could run during the day at least). And, those who run full marathons have to be totally nuts!

The countdown has begun until my morning weekend torture is over and I can go back to enjoying running again. Until then, I will keep dreaming about sleeping in my warm bed on weekend mornings!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: