Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our 23-month old

Addison, 23months oldSee my painted toes?

That's right, Addison is now 1 month away from being a 2 year old! Oh, it is so sad to see our baby girl turn into a big girl. But, on the other hand, her little words are just so adorable! Our favorites are "peas" for "please," "I love you," "Where's Da- ee at?" and "Hi Asher." When she wakes up in the morning, she just waits quietly in her crib until I come and check on her, then asks where's Asher at or where is Daddy at if they are not with me. Who knows if she just woke up or she has been awake for a while! We are in no rush to convert her new bed. She is doing fine in her crib and seems to like it. Let's not fix what is not broken. Have a mentioned how independent she is? She often comes upstairs with me while Alivia watches one of her many princess movies in the basement with Daddy, just so she can play alone in peace. She even sneaks upstairs to read books alone. We love it when she says "cheese" and squints her eyes and smiles as big as she can. Addison loves playing with her babies, strollers, and getting stroller rides herself even if it is in a baby doll stroller! I have already mentioned the potty training thing, although I have not gotten serious about it at all. I just am not ready for that yet. Maybe in the next few weeks I will go for it, we will see. Terrible 2's? Well, she does pull Alivia's long locks and push occasionally, and she has seen the time out spot a couple times in the past few days. But, I have more patience with her for whatever reason.

Oh, my next Addison update will be when she turns 2. Oh, where did my baby girl go?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: