Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Free

This poem was a poem my Grandpa George left behind and I came acrossed it last week. I thought I would post it for anyone else that may need to share it with someone who loses a loved one.

I'm Free (author unknown)

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm Free

I'm following the path God has laid you see.

I took His hand when I heard his call

I turned my back and left it all.

 

I could not stay another day

To laugh, to love, to work or play

Tasks left undone must stay that way

I found the peace at the close of the day.

 

If my parting has left a void

Then fillit with remembered joys -

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss

Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

 

be not burdened with times of sorry.

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much,

Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

 

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief -

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee

God wanted me now; He set me free.

No comments: