Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Alivia's First Reconciliation

Yesterday after school, Alivia had her First Reconciliation or confession at our church. We had talked to her about this for a while, she had learned her prayers, and seemed prepared and ready.

Chris provided Alivia with a guide card to help her through her first time. We scheduled a private confession for Alivia and Father Vogel since we did not believe Alivia would do well in the crowded room with all the other kids (who knows, we may just do this for all of our kids!). I am so glad we did it this way, and we are thankful for Dr. Vogel for his time.

This was Alivia's Guide Card:
 
My First Confession
1.       In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.
2.       Bless me Father, for I have sinned. This is my first confession.
3.       These are my sins:
a.
b.
c.
d.
4.       ACT OF CONTRITION: 
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong, and failing to do good, I have sinned against You,
whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Amen.
5.       Lord Jesus, only Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner, Amen.
6.       In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.
Thank you, Father.

Alivia did well. I will not post what she confessed as that is private, but she wrote down what she wanted to say. The only thing she had problems with was the Act of Contrition. She did not have it memorized. That is something she will be working on now before she goes to confession with me next. Chris also went through confession yesterday after Alivia was finished.
Congratulations Alivia. Now...onto the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
She was going to wear a dress, but we ran out of time after school! She looks so small here!




No comments: