Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quality Fence? Take 2

After a series of phone calls and emails, I got a hold of "Quality" fence regarding our fence issues following the winter storm we had over the weekend. I was seriously mad by the time of phone call and their seemingly lack of calling me back or emailing us back. I was mad anyway considering that the gate of the fence had not made it through the first Nebraska winter storm, and I know there are many more expenses to come from this fence. Additionally, we drove through the neighborhood and found that our gate and a person's fence up the hill were the only 2 effected from this storm (the one up the hill was just installed within the last week and almost 50% of it was flattened. Nice!). Both were "Quality" fences.

Anyway, the woman, was less than happy with my attitude. She questioned my intelligence stating that I was not qualified to know what a quality fence was (um, I can tell that a fence that is demolished after the first snow storm is not quality). And, I wonder if she has her Master's Degree...Hummm...I really don't think one is needed to NOT see quality in the twisted plastic that now lays in a heap in our yard.

She went on to say that their warranty does not cover acts of God. Really? Air is an act of God. So, more of less, Quality Fence does not have a warranty? And, a blizzard is a Nebraska Act of NATURE. Blizzards happen here...that is not an anomaly . So, if a fence is going to be sold here, it should withstand Nebraska Acts of NATURE!

I am FUMING! I would not ever in my worst nightmare recommend Quality Fence to ANYONE. Especially considering that the 2 fences that were effected in our neighborhood were from Quality Fence. Humm...you have to question the quality in that. And, she, for whatever reason, had no explanation to that. But, she did take offense to me saying it was because it was just a crappy fence.

Guess we will be without a gate until I sell another organ and miss another Holiday outing to pay for it! Maybe we should wait until spring to fix it since I am sure this is not the last of the "Acts of God" we will see this winter.

No comments: