Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Ebay Update

I have been selling some things on ebay a couple weeks now. It is addicting! I will say, however, that it is a total pain and can be quite time consuming. But, at night, there is nothing on TV without cable...so what else do I have to do than to clear out our old stuff?

I have sold just over $300 worth of stuff since I started. I say that, but $225 of it was 2 faucets and a shower head/tub faucet that were new in box that I had purchased for the old house and never got them installed. I sold the first faucet for $75 (which is a steal considering how much faucets are!) and the second one for $100) and the tub/shower set for $55 or something. I was happy to see them out of the storage room! Seriously, what were we ever going to do with them?

I have also started to sell the kids' clothes without much success. I sold a complete gymboree outfit for 99 cents...so it is not always worth it. I have learned to start my bidding closer to the price I actually want out of it. If the item does not sell...oh well. It was worth a shot, right?

Funny, I have been doing this for 2 weeks and the storage room is still a mess. I wish there was a quicker, easier way, and maybe one that was less painful. Until I find that way...it's EBAY!

No comments: