Friday, December 24, 2010

Gift from Santa

Someone smart told me a couple of years ago that she only took her kids to see Santa Claus right after Thanksgiving. She then had them write a letter with the 3 things the kids wanted most from Santa and they were done. She refused to take them to see Santa again. Why? Well, it seemed every time they went to see Santa her kids would come up with new things to ask him for. Really? Our kids always stuck to their list. Humm.

That is...until this year.


I shopped and shopped and was done with the kids by Thanksgiving (mostly done altogether by Thanksgiving actually). Then, I took the kids to see Santa. Asher asked for cars, check! Addison asked for a baby doll and a stroller, check! Then, Alivia, she asked for a doll house and a pillow pet...check and what?! Pillow Pet?! That was not on her list!

I ignored it. I am done. She won't notice, right?

Yesterday Chris reports to me, "I think we should get the girls pillow pets." Seriously?! I have passed by them a million times since Thanksgiving and past them by.

But, I can't say no to Chris! So, on the way to my late night nursing shift as the streets turned into skating rinks, I hunted through 2 Walmart stores for pillow pets. SOLD OUT! And seriously, you would not believe the crowds at 10:15PM on the 23rd of December when people think a snowstorm is on its way!

After leaving work this morning, I decided to stop by the Target near Chris' work. That Target always seems to have things that are sold out at other Targets. And, sure enough, 2 doggie pillow pets.

Yeah, check!

At least Alivia was not asking for an IPAD or a Kindle or something.

It is crazy what this mad mom will do for a gift from Santa. As Alice in Wonderland says...the best people are ("mad" that is!).

Merry Christmas to All!

No comments: