Thursday, December 30, 2010

Date Night

Last night, Chris and I got a babysitter and set out on a date. It has been pretty quiet around our house, to say the least, so I set up a date to hopefully liven things up a bit.

Our dates usually have a reason, shopping for a kids' birthday presents, Christmas shopping, something. Last night, I had Chris line things up.

We ended up within minutes of our home at Old Chicago in Shadow Lake. We had a chance to talk with fewer interruptions while getting some adult beverages (okay, I had a virgin daiquiri...but it was still really good!). We did do a little shopping before returning just over a couple hours later.

Our babysitter worked out fine, and the kids liked her. Alivia really liked her because she allowed Alivia to play games on her IPhone! Asher, well, he said he was mad at me for leaving him with "her." It would not matter who it was, he would not have been happy!

Let's just say there will be a next time...and it will not be that long from now. Maybe I should line up a babysitter now.

No comments: