Monday, December 27, 2010

I've Had It

When I was growing up, my mom used to say, "I've had it!" after a long day. It could have been a long day of my sister and I beating up on one another (okay...Nikki usually beat me up...but we never kept score), a long day of helping my dad in the fields or just another long, busy day. But, she had had it!

Today, I have had it. Actually, I think I had had it last week...but, who's counting.

Some things really burn me out. Today, it is being over scheduled, over drama'd and maybe a bit overwhelmed. I am currently the only "as needed" nurse where I work, so I am working more. Okay, I am working MUCH more, much much more than I would like. The pay may be nice when I get paid, but I really don't think it is worth it. I work all night, fight to sleep during the day a bit, before getting up to enjoy some time with the kids. Then, in a couple days, I find myself repeating this. Seriously, I thought I was a stay at home mom?

I am now remembering why I quit my full time job. I am not cut out for this. And, to top it off, there is the other life drama that has to be thrown into the mix. Oh, come on, what kind of test is God throwing at me? Doesn't He know that I have a low tolerance threshold?

I guess I will start praying a little louder...

No comments: