Thursday, July 01, 2010

Driving 101

Last night was my night of redemption from getting my speeding ticket...in the form of a driving class. Wahoo. The only good thing is that in Sarpy it is only 4 hours (versus 8 hours in Douglas County).

Our day was crazy. Alivia had a friend stay over, so the day began early when they woke up at 6:15. We biked her friend home around 9:30, then biked home. Then, we were off to the library. The kids are a part of the Summer Reading Program, so we try to hit the library once a week. After that, we had a picnic, played at the park, swam at Oak Heights, went to the store, and we arrived home with not too much time to spare. I got cleaned up and prepared a simple dinner. I was out the door by 5:30.

Chris' comments...

"Did you get your ticket on purpose so you could get away?" Seriously, really? I worked an extra night missing a night's sleep ON PURPOSE so I could go to driving school to remove my speeding ticket ON PURPOSE? What kind of moron would do that?

Then...as I left...Chris says to me, "Don't flirt?" What? Flirt? Come on!

I know, the only places a go alone are to Holy Hour, to work in a psych ward, drivers school, or to run in the middle of the night. I don't know...but none of those things are very relaxing  or fun(Running does help me with stress - but for anyone who runs in the middle of the night knows that it is more scary than relaxing. But, that is the only time I can do it).

Clearly I need to get out more.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: