Thursday, July 01, 2010

Dentist with Kids

I have now gotten naked and bled from my mouth in front of my children. Please...don't call CPS and let me explain.

I have gone to my OBGYN appointments many times with my kids. I always have told Chris that I would rather get my teeth pulled than to return. So...this year I skipped my appointment after going in for a sick check up instead. I feel healthy so that will have to be good enough for this year.

Then, the dentist called yesterday to remind me of an appointment I had today. I knew it was coming up...but today? UGH! My friend said she would watch the kids. But, I had someone come and pick up the Zooper Stroller that I sold (waaaa!! That is a whole other blog!) and they came late making it too late for me to get to my friend's house in time. So...the kids went with. I packed a snack, sat them down right in front of me on the floor, and got my teeth worked on. My gums were bleeding as the new dental assistant poked and prodded at me, hitting and scraping my gums more than teeth, causing me to bleed. She kept saying, "Whoops, let's rinse," giving me a clue that I was bleeding all over because she did not have a clue what she was doing. Meanwhile, Alivia, Addison and Asher were standing at this point, asking, "Mommy, why are you bleeding all over?" Like I could tell you while I have a mirror and a poker in my mouth!

The kids were good, but it was just another fun experience of this stay at home mom. Chris told me of someone that got a babysitter so she could go running. Seriously...I would not dare ask anyone to watch my kids while I run unless I was a pro marathoner or something.  But, I do need someone to watch them so I do not have to show my kids rated R things before their 3rd birthdays! 

This Mommy needs to keep dreaming...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: