Saturday, July 24, 2010

NO MORE DIAPERS!

It's official, we are finally a diaperless household! We have been buying diapers for over 6 years! Let me tell you, I love not having to buy them, but I do miss having babies around (bitter sweet really).

As I mentioned, Asher officially finished potty training at the lake. He was more or less trained before the lake, but I really have to stay on top of the game in order to prevent accidents. If I instructed him to go potty at THE perfect time, he would go #2 in the potty. Otherwise, he would just go in his undies (yuck!). There were times that I caught him as he was going and he would finish his duty on the potty, so he was slowing getting it. By the time we arrived at the lake...he just got it. We are not sure what it is about the lake. Perhaps it is being in swimming trunks and in the water most of the time. We really were not in clothes much. Maybe he just did not want to go in his swimming trunks. I don't really know...but I am glad it clicked for him. Asher has continued his success at home, and is excited as ever to tell me when he has success in the potty.

Now...if I could just get the cat back to being potty trained. Perhaps we should have brought her to the lake!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: