Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nobody is Perfect

Nobody is perfect, not even us. So, let me take a moment to point our a few of our many flaws because I do not want people to get the wrong impression (either that we think we are perfect or that we actually are God for bid!).

Alivia: Okay, Alivia is perfect...at least most of the time! :) She can be, however, a big Deva at times.
Addison: She is too much like her mommy, and that is her only flaw. So sorry, Addison, your Mommy missed the perfect gene.
Asher: Oh Asher. Asher, hum, he is a little tougher to call out on. Oh, he likes to pull Addison's hair, wear the girls' headbands - but he wears them like head gear - even into public places! He has also been known to carry a purse and push a baby stroller carrying his cars and rocks.
Chris: He is pretty close to perfect too. :) He is not the best at picking up after himself but I think he married me for that reason. He also is not the best at voicing his needs & people sometime take advantage of his generousity, but again - I fill in there sometimes, too.
Me: Well, how much time do you have? I am a perfectionist, workaholic, typically a ball of nerves, I rarely give myself time to relax, I eat very little and what I eat is not always good for me, I hate messes (and do not know how I will live until we are fully settled),  I do not tolerate people walking on me or my family, I have no tolerance for gossipers, I value family and am not found of those who do not, I yell to get my needs heard (but usually nobody can hear me then, either), I rarely sleep, I speak up too much when sometimes it would just be better to not speak at all, I stop talking to people (family included) who lack values that our family shares (like honesty, respect, unselfishness, Christian beliefs, etc), etc, etc. Seriously, I could go on and on and on.

So, just to clear the air - The Austin Family is not perfect or do we think we are. Sorry to disappoint y'all.

Enough said.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: