Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Nearly 2 weeks

Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since the FS sign went in the yard (although it was not listed on the MLS until Saturday). Anyway, Chris and I have had it! Last week was quiet until Sunday when our real estate agent held an open house. Seven groups/families walked through our home with one coming back for a second showing the first of the week. They ended up ruling out our home. We had a showing late last night and another one schedule during dinner time tomorrow. I had no idea how horrible our home was until we started getting feedback (note: I am being sarcastic - Chris and I think we have the best home around! But, don't we all?). The comments we have gotten have been the rooms are not open enough, the basement is not open enough, they do not like the opening covered with shutters in Asher's room, etc, etc. I could seriously go on and on and on. It has gotten to the point where Chris and I no longer want to hear the negative feedback unless it is repairable. We can not make our home a ranch, can not put on a 3rd car garage, can not make our basement bigger, etc. We are not filling the wall in Asher's room, either! It has gotten to the point where hearing the phone ring can either be exciting or filled with critisism we just don't want to hear anymore. This process is stressful, scary, and exhausting. I told Chris today that I am so tired of not being able to really live in our home because I have to keep it so clean that I am afraid I will be too tired to pack it up and move!

Oh, and to top it off, we have friends that keep telling us how they sold their home in 2 hours, 3 days, less than a month, etc, and can not figure out why we can not get ours sold. I have decided to not respond to these emails. The market is not the same for one thing. And, I guess our house just is not what we think it is. Perhaps we should just dig and hole and throw it inside. Ugh!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: