Thursday, September 24, 2009

Losing My Mind

I believe I am losing my mind or at least on the verge.

Yesterday was our big home shopping day. Although it was kinda fun to look at what was available to us, the closure to the day brought the stress of making the right decision on one of them. After narrowing the field to 3 or 4 homes, Chris quickly narrowed it to the one he thought we should first try to move forward with. We think we are going to put in an offer today. In the mean time, I have been thinking and rethinking about the narrowed list and am just hoping we are making the right choice. Out of our list of 3 (the fourth home was in Whitehawk in Southwest Omaha and Chris quickly eliminated it based upon the distance from work. If that home was in Papillion, we would totally put an offer in on that one!), I don't really think we can go wrong. The homes are relatively the same price, give or take a couple grand here or there (which is just a drop in the bucket when you get to this point!). I want to move forward so we have time to move onto other homes if the first home does not work out. This is so stressful! But, it is not near as stressful as selling, let me tell you. It is just we all have that running list of what we want in a home - and that home simply does not exist for us unless we build. In today's market and perhaps moving forward, builders insist that you sell your home first and then take out a construction loan for your home you are building. Although we all think our home will sell and sell within the 6-8 month building process, that is just not happening in today's market. Some homes we looked at were on the market 320+ days and were quite nice! We were amazed they were not selling.

The process is putting a toll on our kids, too. Addison and Asher have been more clingy than usual. Last night, both of them awoke during the night insisting on sleeping with us. So, I got up at 4 AM because I could not sleep on the sliver of the bed that was left for me. Ugh! Alivia has been taking it all in stride, but she is not liking the idea of going to a new school. We hope to get her over to the new school on Monday since she has the day off.

Now, with just slits for eyes because I am so tired, I have begun the scary process of packing out home. My mom has agreed to help a bit with the packing since this job will more of less be solely mine. I would like to get it all packed up so we are ready to go moving week and for moving day, October 23rd (if all goes well).

So, stay tuned. Hopefully in 3 days or less, we will know which home we will be living in. In the meantime, I will struggle to hang on to whatever little sanity I have left.


 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: