Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Got Boxes?

I have amazed myself  and the kids this morning (in what I can get done, that is). But first, let me explain.

Last night, I called Walmart to see if they could hold back boxes for us. I was told they do not hold boxes, it is first come first serve. If I wanted boxes, I would need to be there by 7. Seriously? How will I manage that?

Well, with help from Asher! Today he woke up at 6:20 for some reason yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" This yelling woke up Addison and Alivia. So, we got up, dressed, did our hair, etc, made the beds, and arrived at Walmart at 6:50 and raced to where the boxes were to be.

The person who helped me said the boxes had already been broken down and sent back. What? Seriously? I got all the kiddos ready for NOTHING? She ended up coming up with 3 whole boxes. Whoa...

I then went to pick up some donuts for the kids to make it worth the trip for them at this early hour. On the way, I saw the potato chip man delivering chips in many boxes! He had hundreds laying on the floor. So, I asked if I could have any, and he said we could take as many as we wanted! We hit the box jackpot!! Yeah! We were at home and eating donuts by 7:20...just in time to see the end of Curious George.

Now, let the packing fun begin!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: