Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nearly Skunked

It is nearly autumn. With that, by the time we put the kids to bed and I get out to run, it is dark. It is dark and scary. For the last few days, we have had a nice scent of skunk in the mornings, and I have smelled skunk at night when I run. That brings me to last night. we put the kids to bed and it took a little longer than usual. Then, I was out for my run. Of course, just when I get to the furthest point away from our house, I spot what I thought was a black and white cat ahead, crossing the road in front of me. As I got closer, like within a few feet, I realized - THAT IS NOT A CAT!!! THAT IS A SKUNK!!!! I had an episode of Curious George where he got skunked multiple times and had to have multiple tomato juice baths running through my mind. Now, the problem was, I was on a street that was only half complete with many homes still under construction. With no where to go, I backed away. I watched as the skunk when into one of the homes under construction. I, of course, sprinted by and all the way home. Whew!

Next is to ask Chris if I can run before dinner or something when he gets home from work. I just do not want to run in the dark, all scared, where I can get skunked!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: