Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kindergarten Eve Day

Having your child begin Kindergarten is either a Yahoo! or a Boohoo! moment for most parents. For Chris and I, it is definitely going to be a Boohoo moment tomorrow as our oldest baby, Alivia, begins her first day at school. We are, of course, happy that Alivia is a happy, healthy and smart 5 year old and is ready to begin the adventure of Kindergarten. However, we are extremely sad that our first baby is growing up so quick! For me, it will be especially difficult since I have been home with her all day. I will miss her so much during the day while she is away at school. I have had this feeling of impending doom for quite some time about her first days in Kindergarten, especially that first day. For me, it is similar to the same feelings I had leaving her at daycare after my maternity leave with her, then again with Addison, and when she would start at a new daycare. I wish I could go back in time and just stay home from the time she was born so I would have had that much more time with her to play, watch her grow, have fun, and give her more hugs and kisses!

So on this Kindergarten Eve Day, we cry. We cry for our baby girl because we will miss her while she is at school, we cry because she is growing up too fast, and we cry because we are happy for her.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: