Friday, September 28, 2012

Working From Home


Now that it is official that Chris is working from home, our lives have changed a little. Chris has actually been working from home since late March, unofficially. His boss is now located outside of the state and his job site is in Florida, making things more semi permanent (I know nothing at his work is ever permanent).

Anyway, Chris and the whole family is adjusting to Chris' somewhat new role. First...Chris.

While he is at home, he is working a lot from his office. He does find it difficult to get away from the office since he is constantly looking at it. He wakes in the morning and boots up his computer even before putting his contacts in. He breaks for lunch, but eats it at his desk (like he did when he worked in his actual office). I am trying to get him out of the house to either walk with me to take the girls to school in the morning or pick them up after school, so that he leaves the house and gets his blood moving a bit. He is still unable to work out since he injured his knee about 7 weeks ago, so he really does need to get his blood moving even more. He tries to finish up his "day" around 5, taking off until the kids are in bed at 8. At night, I read or busy myself doing whatever while he is back at work until whenever we go to bed (or until he goes to bed). He has gone from business casual to casual casual clothing while at home. I mean, I have to convince him to shave once a week! Thank goodness he goes to Florida so he has to look nice for at least 2 weeks of the month, right?! :)

Meanwhile, the kids really do not get Chris' schedule (really, neither do I). When is he not working? When can we talk to him without him being on a call? Addison really complains about his Florida trips. I try to tell her how lucky we are that he is able to be at home at all since he was supposed to move there. She does not care, she does not like it at all. But again, I have not figured out anything that Addison is completely happy with.

We are all on the learning curve. Maybe in the next 6 months we will be used to it, just as things will probably change. Thank goodness we are used to change.

LOL!! I saw this and for some reason thought of Chris. :)

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

I can only imagine that a home office would feel like you should always be working. That has got to be tough. On the other hand, working in jammies sounds like fun. I am praying for you guys. I hope you get a better solution soon.