Friday, September 14, 2012

Keeping the Kids Busy

While I was off in Florida with Chris, my parents took care of the kids at our home (while Pippa went to Chris' parents' home down the street). They stayed here a couple nights and stayed at the farm a couple nights.

The kids had a blast! The played, watched movies, watched Kota (my parent's lab) eat a bird from our tree, Alivia learned to drive the golf cart on the farm all by herself, and Addison learned to ride her bike without training wheels (Finally, that girl is so stubborn!). Grandma even went up to the school and read at Bell Story time in celebration of Grandparents Day.

I came home to a sleepy and confused Kota, exhausted grandparents, and 3 sleeping kids. My refrigerator never looked so clean, laundry clean and folded in the kids' rooms, Dad had fixed Addison's bookshelf and worked on our drywall project in the basement, and the house looked as I left it (if not cleaner and more repaired). My parents rock! Thank you!

This job issue has been upsetting to at least Alivia, who overheard Tuesday nights conversation with Chris. He was quite mad  and I had him on speaker as I was reviewing emails from him. Alivia walked in crying as she heard Chris say that we were moving. See, that is really what we did not want, to rush into the situation. Luckily, it turned out okay for the moment.

So our new normal is that Daddy has job but he travels a lot. We can handle that, for now, right?!
Look at Kota. She looks a little too comfortable!





1 comment:

Courtney F said...

Oh wow! How awesome to return to a clean house!!! I hope the drama subsides. Oh, I am sure this is not fun