Thursday, December 08, 2011

Saint Nicholas Day

A few years ago, I did something for the kids on Saint Nicholas Day, December 5 (I know, I am behind...shocker!). Anyway, I have slipped a little in my Saint Nicholas Duties and skipped it since moving to Papillion.

As the tradition goes, the kids are to leave their shoes outside their bedroom doors or outside and wait for Saint Nicholas to come and fill them with treats and gifts. While he is visiting, he checks on the kids to see if they have been good, polite and helpful during the last year. If not, they are to get a tree branch in their shoes instead. 

Instead of sugary treats, I decided to give the kiddos their annual Christmas Tree Ornament on Saint Nicholas Day. The kids were thrilled that they were able to open a present, too. This year Addison got a dog ornament, (she is in love with all things dogs) Alivia got a cat ornament (just like my sister and I - Alivia and Addison like to be completely oppostite), and Asher got a soccer ball.

Now, if I can just remember to do this tradition annually.


No comments: