Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To Sleep at Last

I will admit it, our kids had horrible to sleep habits until now.

Before we moved, the kids went to bed with little issue. We always had a nice routine...bath time, book time, prayers, night night. Period.

Then we moved...into a small apartment on blow up beds. And, that all changed. Routine? Um, we were in very close quarters. The girls were in the same room, Asher was in a room where he could see us. The girls played at all hours while Asher usually ended up sleeping with us.

We moved and then their was the new house to get used to. Bad habits just got worse. That is...until Sunday.

After over a year and a half of trying to get the kids to stay in bed...I stuck it out and I believe fixed them!

Sunday night I decided that this was the week that I would listen to Super Nanny. I saved baskets of laundry up in our bedroom. Then, I would put the laundry away as I waited for the kids to stay in their rooms and fall to sleep. Sunday was a little challenging as the kids got used to Mommy's new way (Daddy usually heads to the basement after good night kisses). Monday, I cleaned the upstairs bathrooms while I waited for the kids to fall to sleep. Tuesday, I put away more laundry and scrubbed the bathroom floor while I only had to remind the kids once to go to bed. By 8:30, the kids were asleep. That brings me to tonight. 5 minutes is all I had to wait for the kids to fall to sleep! Seriously! No running to each others rooms, no playing, no stair work out for Mommy as I ran up and down the stairs.
Is it too early to say they are fixed? Oh...the feeling of parenting success, if only by the direction of the Super Nanny.



Asher, asleep holding the tag of his PJs!

No comments: