Tuesday, April 05, 2011

April at the OCM and Slide Time

There are not too many mornings that we get to go to members hour at the Omaha Children's Museum. Addison is in preschool, and I don't always remember to take Asher on Tuesday mornings. But today, I remembered.

Leah, Asher and I arrived right at 9. We love members hour for the simple fact as I can always see the kids (there is not a crowd with wall to wall people...so nice!). We started in the Big Backyard first. I wanted to be sure to hit that one more time, at least, before they take it down. That will be a sad day as the kids love the big backyard.

We made our way down to do a watercolor project before going into the big room to play a bit. Then, I had an idea...

...let's go down the slides in the Gene Leahy Mall!

Leah and Asher just had a blast going down the slides. Leah had on a little skirt that must have made the slides faster. The first time she went down, I was at the bottom taking pictures when she flew down. I went to stop her and my camera bumped her in the forehead as she bumped to the ground. She did not mind, as she got up, giggled and ran back up the stairs to go down again. Asher, on the other hand, went down the slide to a sudden stop. So, I guess pants are slower than Leah's little skirt. After sliding and sliding and sliding, we went to see the water and water foul. It is so pretty and peaceful there. The kids liked to see the ducks and geese.

Then, oh, look at the time. We had to go so we could pick up Addison from preschool. Leah and Asher looked wiped as I buckled them in the car with a snack.

What a fun morning. What a beautiful day!







No comments: