Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's Up?

It has been a while since I posted a "What's Up" kind of update. So, here it is. I am finally getting around to it.

We will start with Chris. After being in overtime mode since January, putting in upwards of 12 hours per day, he is finally getting back to somewhat of a normal schedule. How nice! He now has energy to work out a little, play a little, and socialize with us a little. Yeah! Now, if he would just get some energy of his honey do list (ha ha, of course). He is working on a web design side job and helping my Dad build his airplane in his "free time." Here are a couple pictures of the airplane project underway.
The wing of the plane.
Karate Daddy?

Alivia, oh Alivia. She is 6 1/2 going on 13. She is turning into a little diva. Alivia, who is in her last month of first grade, has developed a will and a strong one at that. She can be quite snotty at times, but Chris and I are trying to nip that behavior in the bud before it blossoms much further. Ugh. And, if she gets tired, watch out! On a positive note, she is helpful at making her bed and organizing her room her way. She helps select her clothes in the morning and likes clothes and going clothes shopping, for herself of course. Her favorite stores are Justice and The Gap. She likes reading chapter books and playing with her many friends that seem to be invited over all the time. She loves having her friends over to play. So, it is rare that we only have 3 kiddos here. Alivia is still a very picky eater, but it is starting to bother her. She will eat fruits, some veges and pb n j. Seriously, there is not much else she will eat. I wonder where she gets that from?

Next is Addison. Addison is finishing up her last couple weeks of preschool. Addison loves preschool and has excelled. Take it from me, kids learn just as much in 2 days that they do in 3, if not more! Addison has learned so much and seems way more prepared for kindergarten than even Alivia was. With that said, I am still not ready for her to go to school. But, Addison wants to go where Alivia is going...so she will be going all day. I will be sad to see that day come. Anyway, Addison is left handed, points with her middle finger (which is interesting if done during Mass), and tends to write her name backwards a lot. Okay, she writes almost all of her writing backwards if I do not remind her which side of the paper to start on. She is working on that and is patient with herself. She seems to like learning. Addison, too, likes to go on playdates with her friends. I think she feels left out when Alivia has friends over all the time. Addison is the tall one of the group already moving into some size 5 clothes! Tall? Where did she get that from? Seriously...we don't know! In Addison's free time she is found in her room playing with her babies. And, when Addison gets tired, she will just sneak off, put on her PJs, and crawl into bed.

Asher is our short one. He is still in 24month and working into his size 2 clothes at nearly 3 1/2 years old! He is a great little eater and could really eat all day if I allowed him to. I just recently took away his AM breakfast as he would work on it all morning. He now has to eat it during breakfast or that is it until lunch. It has helped him eat better at lunch, that is for sure. Asher is a little picky, but likes the healthy things mixed in with the brownies. He has a big sweet tooth! He likes to talk, usually a little loud, and does not say the F sound. For example, Floor is said "loor" and Friday is said "Iday" and fruit is said "Uit" Most people do not understand him. I try to correct him unless he is saying, "Daddy arted" real loud in public, then I just let that go. Asher will not be going to preschool next year. I believe one year is good enough when I can get him started academically and socially from home. In Asher's free time he likes to play with his trucks, play outside, play with the tag in any shirt of in his pants, and play with his sisters. Oh, and he loves movie time and mommy time.

And that leaves me. I am doing nothing. Ha! Actually, I keep quite busy surprisingly. I still work PRN at UNMC in psych and find that quite challenging in many ways: the patients and two the lack of sleep from working nights. Chris says I need to quit and just stay home. Oh...I am so tempted. On Tuesdays I watch my friend's little girl who is 4 years old while her normal caregiver is out of town. Addison and Asher love her coming to play once a week. She is a sweet girl, too. Other than that I keep busy doing laundry, keeping the house clean, keeping up with our kids, and now starting to mow the lawn (ugh). Funny, I would rather do all those things staying home with my kids than go to work. So...I think I will stick with this job for a while. In my free time, I still run like a crazy person and take a pictures a day for my ongoing 365 project (which is totally a blast to do!). Oh, Chris is amazing.


And so, that is what's up - in a big long story.

No comments: