Tuesday, August 19, 2008

World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Seriously!)

This recipe comes from our church cookbook  titled "Gather Around the Table, A second Helping." (& parishioners Brad & Andrea Schmidt). It is the first recipe we have tried for my new book I bought on Sunday. ("The Austin Family" or "The Chris Austin Family" contributed 5 recipes!).

1 c. Crisco

1 c. Brown sugar

3/4 c. sugar

2 eggs (or equivalent egg beaters)

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. vanilla

2 to 2 1/2 c. flour

1 c. mini chocolate chips (I used regular because it is what I had on hand).

Blend crisco, sugars. Add eggs, salt, b. soda, and vanilla. Slowly add flour. Add chocolate ships. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Chris thought these were not quite as good as my mom's cookies but really liked them, & Addison thought they were so good that she secretly got seconds from the cooling rack!

 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: