Monday, November 26, 2007

Where is Heaven?

 

Our little 3 year old, Alivia, is once again filled with many questions about Heaven. Today, November 26, Grandpa George passed away at the age of 94 years. It was just a few weeks ago that we visited Grandpa George as a family before he got real sick. Alivia was always asking questions about his wheelchair, the sounds in the hallway, or if she could have some of Grandpa's candy. I always brought him candy bars, cookies or another of my baking creations of the week. He loved it all, but liked snack sized Milky Ways best. Yesterday and today I went in alone to say good-bye to Grandpa, but Alivia knew where I was going. She wanted to know if Grandpa George was going to Heaven where Grandpa Lou was? It broke my heart to have to explain death to her at such a young age. She also could not understand why Mommy was sad. I realize I should not be sad because Grandpa is in a better place now and is no longer suffering, but we still miss him. In the coming days as we lay Grandpa to rest, I will have to tell our small girls that to help them understand.

May eternal light shine upon you, Grandpa! We Love and Miss you!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: