Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Almost 36 weeks…

Well, I am now just shy of 36 weeks. My due date is December 27th, not the 24th as I had thought. It really is not a big deal, but it made the nurse question why my appointment was before I was actually 36 weeks (which I will officially be on Thursday I guess). At my check-up today, things were progressing. I am now 3-4 cm and 75% effaced. The Baby’s heartbeat remains strong, and Baby continues to be quite active. I notice about every night about 10 pm, Baby gets the hiccups for about 20 minutes, then kicks and moves about for the next 20 minutes or so. Considering I like to go to bed at 10, this has been difficult. Hopefully, this is an IN UTERO pattern only. For some reason, I have started feeling nauseas a lot of the time, so hopefully this too shall pass.

So, what does all this mean? Well, my doctor just said as I was leaving to schedule an appointment for next week "in case I do not see you sooner." In other words...no matter if the due date is December 24 or the 27th, the baby will probably arrive before then. We will see where things stand next week, and hopefully the cold symptoms in this house are all gone by then, too.

As far as the physical preparation, we are pretty much ready. The baby room is ready, just waiting the arrival of Addison’s new dresser so the changing table can be moved in. The shutters for the opening are on order (yes, I finally ordered the "golden" or maybe "diamond" shutters). We will just touch up things a bit once we know if the Baby is a boy or a girl. The bag is packed and in the car (I have learned my lesson on this one). So, we are ready to go whenever.
Stay tuned for pictures of the updated me!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Imatjen said...

I am so happy for you! My son is a Christmas Baby, had him on the 29th, Good Luck!