Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our Weekend

What a mess!Basting her mouth?Addison's new bedThe baby room, almost complete.Addison, a big girl now!
Another weekend where we did not have to try to keep busy. First, on Friday night, we went and picked up the replacement piece for Addison's new bed. This one worked perfectly! Addison does not seem to mind the minor change. Afterwards, we went to Fuddruckers for dinner. We rarely take the girls out to eat, so this was a big treat for them. Then, we made a quick stop to Borders Books. Alivia & Addison had so much fun looking at all the books that I think they could have stayed there all night, but we had to come home so Addison could sleep her first night in her new bed (now we are just waiting for her new dresser & mirror).
Saturday, I woke up with barely a voice after trying to get a cold for a couple days. So, we decided to stay home and get some things together. First, as you can see from the pictures, Alivia & Addison have been playing in the kitchen cupboards & utensil drawer now for a few weeks. It was cute at first, but after cleaning the mess up (or having Alivia do it  without quite the organization skill I am looking for), we had to get locks.I once did not believe in locks, but I would prefer to not say "no" so often as I attempt to make dinner. Miss Rachel (http://education.csm.edu/students/rstone/), where the girls go to daycare, recommended these awesome magnet locks (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2328537)! I think they are great because I did not have to install them. They only can "unlock" with this magnet. I love them! Thank-you Topher for installing them! Now, I just need to reorganize my cabinets again.
As for the baby room, it is coming together. The crib, bookshelf, & rocking chair are in place. I am dragging my feet on moving the changing table from Addison's room because I am still using it. We are waiting until the baby is born to get a lamp and a nightstand. The girls love playing in the new room with their baby dolls, and Addison loves reading her books in there.
Chris & I also went out on a date this weekend! We went to see "Dan in Real Life" and then went out for dinner. We had a good time despite the challenge of conversation with my lack of a voice. And, thank-you, Grandma Kathy, for taking such good care of the girls while we were out! We decided we should probably do that more than twice a year.
Oh, big news, Addison, 2 days shy of turning 16 months, is finally signing! She signs more and please. It is so cute to watch her. At this age, she is trying to sign other signs as I show her - like drink and thank-you, for example. Better late than never I think. And, today, she advanced to a big girl booster seat at the table! She is now officially a toddler.
We have a crazy week planned awaiting the arrival of Heidi and Paul's Baby Brody tomorrow, doctor appointments, my boss is coming again for a couple of days, etc, etc. Until next week...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: