Thursday, November 29, 2007

Party of Five

It's a boy!
Asher Wade Austin was born at 1:01 PM today, 6lbs, 7 oz, 19in long (almost a pound more than Addison and 2 lbs more than Alivia...so he is HUGE! Although he was supposedly born at the 36 week day, we are thinking we may have actually got a full term baby this time!). He has a lot of dark hair with little blonde highlights and has a look of his own right now.

Chris and I arrived at the hospital at 11:15 am, so things progressed rather quickly as usual. Chris is amazed how easy I make it look. Like I tell him, I have easy deliveries and love kids...so it is a good thing I do not like being pregnant or I would want more!

Asher is a Biblical name meaning fortunate; blessed; happy. Asher is definitely our surprise blessing and we are so fortunate and happy to have him in our family of five. Also, in the Old Testament, Asher was the 8th son of Jacob. He is also the founder of the Tribe of Asher. When I became Catholic with Chris as my sponsor, our table was named Asher after the Tribe of Asher. So, we selected the name Asher for many reasons.

Asher's middle name, Wade, is after my cousin, Wade Hursey, who died too young at the age of 33 a few years ago. So, Asher has to love airplanes after Daddy and helicopters (and airplanes, too) after Wade.

Everyone's doing well! Alivia and Addison were quite excited to meet him. Alivia wanted to hold him and did a good job, too. Addison gave him toys, blew kisses, and patted his hair. We will load pictures as soon as we can. We are all very excited to go and get little boy things!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: