Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Year of Change

Oh, where do I begin? Well, I will start on April 26. 2 weeks prior to this date, I started running with my neighbor, Beth. Running has always been a passion of mine. I also had some things to tone since having Addison 9 months prior. I was having fun with our new evening activity, but I had begun to have what I thought to be low blood sugar in the evenings and in the mornings. This would not have been uncommon since I was still pumping extra in the evening, was running, and was now skipping the evening snack (because I was running where I was spending the time snacking before). I did not think anything of this until my friend, Heidi, called on Tuesday, April 24, to announce they were expecting their third baby. As excited as I was for them, I then began to think to myself...could I be PREGNANT?! No way! After all, my body was not functioning correctly since I was still nursing. I could not be. Right? So, Thursday morning (April 26), I stopped and picked up a test. Sure enough, it was positive almost instantly! Oh my goodness, I had to call Chris at work. I was in shock. Chris just did not believe me!! He was shocked (and still is) to say the least. I called and scheduled blood work and an ultrasound. Since baby's due dates are typically figured by the woman's cycle, our due date is more of an educated guess. My blood work at that first appointment had me at 7 weeks. My ultrasound was conflicting. So, I did not get a due date. I guessed it to be December sometime so we could announce our surprise in the end of photobooks we were giving the Grandmas for Mother's Day.They were surprised as well! At the 8 week appointment  I was told my due date would be right around Christmas, but still no exact due date (although they are only estimates anyway). At my supposed 12 week appointment last week, I had another ultrasound and my due date was set - December 27, 2007. Alivia was born at 36 weeks and Addison was born at 37 weeks. I am hoping for a somewhat early arrival so we do not have a Christmas Birthday. How have I been feeling, well better after being placed on Zofran. This is a drug used for nausea in chemo patients. I was on it with Addison, and I could not have made it without it! I was quite sick on Zofran for a couple weeks this time. It is slowly improving, but I still know when a pill is due. Maybe in a few more weeks (I was on it until week 16 with Addison). I am now 13 weeks. After mailing out the announements last week (to everyone except my work, unless they read this blog), we told Alivia. She, at first, said she wanted 2 sisters. Then, changed her mind and said she wanted a baby brother like her baby cousin Henry. She has not said much since. I really do not think she knows what is going on yet. I do think she will be Mommy's little helper this time. Addison, is just figuring out what babies are. For the most part, she thinks "babies" are dolls. At 11 months, she is still a baby herself!

We are so excited to have another baby. We found out that God definitely has His way of planning things. Chris said at the beginning of 2007, "This is going to be the year of change." We had NO IDEA what that meant at the time. I just thought he was going to get a new job! So far, we just hired a nanny (which we are so excited about), we are looking for a bigger car (oh boy...do I dare say MINIVAN?), we are trying to decide if we want to remodel our office and move that space to the spare bedroom in the basement so that each of our kids can have their own room, and we will be having  a new bundle of joy joining the Austin Family in December (and I am not even listing off every change)!!

Now, that is a year of change! 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: