Monday, June 25, 2007

"I need help!"

That is a phrase that it took me years to say. I am the first to admit, I am quite stubborn. But, with 2 kids and being quite tired and many times sick with our third child, I am finding it difficult to keep up with it all. Although there are many Moms of 2 or more kids that work, I do not personally know of very many that I can talk to on how they juggle it all (believe me, if I could, I would be an at home Mommy cleaning during naptime).  Anyway...a couple months ago, I finally started calling about getting someone to help with the household cleaning. By the time I get home from work, get dinner, clean up, play a bit with the girls, bath time - it is 8:30 and I am exhausted. I then have to study for my job (new products coming out in August), and do my other at home work for my job. Then, about 9:30-10, I have to clean up a little bit. If I am tired or something and skip it...there is just more to do the following night. You get my drift.

I thought finding a cleaning lady would be simple. No. The first one cancelled before even showing up for an estimate. The second one (the one I have now), did a HORRIBLE job on her first clean, the next time she did not show up until 4:45 (giving her 15 minutes to clean our home). Needless to say, I had her go home. I have tried to get others between these 2, all charging too much for me. Remember, I am quite a conservative spender, but try to be very particular about a clean house. For a family without cable because I think it is a waste of time and money, devoted any money to a cleaning lady is a big splurge.

So, I now know why it took me so long to say, "I need help." Sometimes it is just better to try and do it all myself. :) Happy cleaning.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: