Sunday, September 25, 2011

Arbor Day Farm: Nebraska City

Saturday afternoon, we loaded the crew up for a little trip to Nebraska City to the Arbor Day Farm. What a beautiful place! I had never been there before, but my friend Stacy recommended it. So, why not?!

We paid our entry, and we set out on the neat concrete trails. The trail is beautiful and easy to walk on with many stops to learn about the surrounds along the way. We walked up their "tree house" for the view, the kids played in the many little play areas, and then we took to the mulch trail for more neat bridges and places to check things out. It is a beautiful place, I'm telling you, with so many things for kids. I was amazed that I had never been there before! After all our walking, we went into the green house to get a free tree. Of course, Daddy spoiled the kids by buying them "a little something" in the gift shop before venturing down to the apple store.

They do have a free hayrack ride with your paid entry where you can go and select your own apples. I could not convince Chris to do this, so we just got some at the apple store. I would recommend going to select your own as that would be fun! The apple store has anything and everything you can imagine made of apples. We just bought a couple bags of apples and an apple slush before calling it good.

Another fun day with perfect weather in the 70's. Now I have found 2 good things about fall. Maybe I like this season after all!
















No comments: