Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Moving in

 

Room for 1 more stool!Lunch without a table - all we need is beer and pizza!Sure...it will fit downstairs!Just push it!

After our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Marsha's, we drove to the apartment, gathered some things and drove to our new home. I quickly vacuumed the house before Chris arrived. Then we started unloading. The weather was wonderful! We reached the beds about 6pm as my parents arrived to continue the unloading. Chris and my dad were able to get all the beds out, up the stairs, and set up just in time to go to bed. Ohhh...to sleep in our own beds again. It was wonderful! Chris and I had forgotten a few things at the apartment, though...like the food! We were starving!

The next day was more of the same, moving in. My parents arrived early with Chris' Dad arriving soon after to help with all the big items. My Dad and I did get the apartment cleared out.Both parents came again on Saturday to help get the rest of the stuff in from the garage. Chris and I were exhausted, so we can not imagine how our parents felt (or our kids!). And, after all that moving, I had to work an overnight shift. Yeah, it was not pretty. I was on the verge of becoming a patient after our week!

Now, a week later, we are still unloading. Chris got the desk put back together (it comes all apart piece by piece and is a solid, heavy piece but is a total nightmare!). We have to figure out how to arrange the basement, organize the toys and storage room, then we will go room to room putting up pictures and setting each room up. It will be some time before we have the energy to get it all finished. We will be sure to post updates!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: