Friday, November 07, 2008

Working Girl?

Tonight I will start my first few hours of work at Janie and Jack (it is an upscale children's clothing store that is a division of Gymboree). Although Chris and I have gone out on a couple of dates, the kids were in bed by the time we left. To be honest, I really do not know why I am working. I saw the store was going to open at Village Pointe and was so excited I applied. I am only working 6-8 hours a week. However, I am always behind on things at home as it is. Friday night is the "night off" I give myself to watch a movie with Chris, scrapbook or do whatever I want without doing any laundry, cleaning, or going for my evening run. Now, I will more than likely be spending it at Janie and Jack. I am also not sure I am ready to leave the nest for 4 hours in a row!

Pros: Gets me out of the house, adult interaction (there are days I only talk to Chris and the kids all day).

Cons: I have to leave the kids and Chris during precious family time, I will fall even farther behind at home, there is little money involved in this "job."

So, with all of that said, I will go tonight. I am not sure how long this will last. Asher is still nursing prior to bed, so I am not sure how this will all work out. Chris will have his hands full, that is for sure! He may send in my resignation before I even get home!

Read and post comments

1 comment:

Austin Family said...

Oh, update. I got all dressed up (I have to dress up for this job actually) and Chris said I looked different. Ya know, different in, um, nice clothes. :) I said my good-byes and off to work I went. And, they cut my shift. They are SLOW to say the least. The store is fabulous! I could spend all of Chris' money there. :) Makes me want to have another baby to dress up (LOL).