Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Say...

Offensive? Chris thinks that some of my blogs can be offensive. Well, this is my soap box. However, I don't mean to offend anyone.

Chris is a very quiet, somewhat shy, but respectful man. I respect him for that. Many people, I think, take advantage of him because he is so nice. I used to be a lot like him. I got tired. Tired of people walking all over me because I was quiet.

So, now I am me. I blog out my thoughts and I talk to people about my thoughts. I do think some people (perhaps most people) would rather I would (just shut up) go back to being the shy little girl/woman, I once was (if they knew me then). John Mayer has a song I just love titled, "Say." If you listen to the lyrics he sings, "

"...It's better to say too much

Than to never say what you need to say again."

I agree! I am at a place in my life where life is too short to not say what you need to say. And, I am also in a place that if people can not be nice and treat me nicely and say to my face what they need to say, than I can chose not to have them in my life. I read, probably on YAHOO!, that your personality is made up of an average of the 6 people you spend the most time with. When I read that, I stopped to think who was making up my personality? If you think someone in your 6 is rude, crazy, unfaithful, etc, it really makes you stop and think, "Do I want THEM to make up MY personality?".

So, with that said, I will continue to just say, and probably too much. :)

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: