Monday, March 03, 2008

The Blessed Day 1

Today was the first day of my new "job" as a stay at home Mommy! Even when all 3 kiddos were in tears this am (all for different reasons, too), I still feel so lucky to be at home with our kids. Would not change a thing! My boss came and picked up all the goods that I had accumulated over the last 8 years...notebook computer thingy, printer, LCD screen, keyboard (oh, those will be missed!), etc. It was so nice to see my little computer go...the one that fell off my car while I drove away with it on the hood and still managed to function (I tried to break it and it still worked!). I still have the car for a few more days. That...I will miss. My parents have graciously offered to loan us one of their cars for Chris to drive to work on the days I need the Camry until we can get something else. I, being stubborn or whatever, am insisting on not getting a car until August or September. Chris will have his motorcycle to drive in the summer on those days I need to go to the store, the zoo, or visit Grandparents or something. We are narrowing the car choices between a couple SUVs and the Honda Oddessey (huh um, mini van). Although we want a SUV, we think we have grown into a mini van family.

Anyway, I am so glad we made that goal to have me stay at home. I whined, and I mean whined, for years "I wanna stay home!!" Whining did me no good, just as I tell Alivia daily. We had to work at this goal...but here it is! I have something to say about that woman who started the women's lib movement (you know, where women think they have to have and do it all - work, family, all in perfect harmony). That woman ruined it for us! Alivia would say, "She is not that smart." I will not speak for Chris, but I think he enjoys having his clothes clean when he wants them, a semi clean home, his lunch packed for him, and a hug and kiss when he comes home at night. Okay, I did not mention dinner served on the table because that does not always happen lately because of nursing Asher, but I will keep working on it. Gotta have goals, right?!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: